Simple view 6 12
The BOINC Manager's simple view looks like this:
Its elements are as follows:
- Tabs at the top show the tasks that have been started on your computer. A green dot means the task is currently executing.
- Details of the task in the selected tab (project and application names).
- Slideshow of images about the selected task. If full graphics are available, you can click here to view them.
- Task status.
- Task progress.
- ?: The help button opens the BOINC Online Help page.
- Add Project: opens the Attach Project wizard, which helps you attach to a project.
- Icons under My Projects represent the projects to which your computer is attached. Hover mouse over the icons to see the member account to which the projects are linked. Click on the icon to see a pop up menu.
- Messages: opens a dialog showing informational messages. When it flashes red, there is a message that requires your attention.
- Pause/Resume: suspends processing temporarily.
- Preferences: opens a dialog that lets you set preferences on this computer.
- Advanced View: switches to Advanced view.
You can customize the look and feel of the simple view by using a 'skin'. Skins can be downloaded from various BOINC team and project websites and the Crunching Family web site. Each skin consists of a directory containing various files. To install a skin:
- Create a directory 'skins' in your BOINC directory
- Move the skin directory into 'skins'
- In the Simple View, click Preferences
- Select the skin you want from the drop-down box