BOINC supports non-English translations of
- This web site
- The BOINC Manager
- The generic (BOINC-supplied) part of project web sites
- The project-specific parts of project web sites
Translations are done by volunteers. If you're interested in helping:
- Visit the BOINC Translation Services web page (BTS) and click on your language.
You'll see some or all of the following "projects":
- Pootle: ignore this
- BOINC Client 6.10.x: the current client release. Only BOINC-Manager.po is relevant; ignore other files.
- BOINC Development: the development versions of both client and server. This should contain:
- BOINC-Manager.po: translations for the BOINC Manager
- BOINC-Project-Generic.po: translations for the generic part of project web sites
- BOINC-Web.po: translations for the BOINC web site
- SETI@Home Website
- RNA World Website
If any of these isn't there, it means the translation doesn't exist yet. If it is there, the color-coded bar shows how much of the translation has been done.
If you want to add or modify a translation:
- Create an account on the BTS site
- Subscribe to the boinc_loc email list, which is for translation-related discussion and announcements.
Email boinc_loc if your language is not listed in the BOINC Translation Services.
Selected people have "write access" to each language.
- If you want write access to a language, send email to boinc_loc requesting it.
If you have write access to a language, make sure to monitor the boinc_loc email list for notifications of when there are new strings to translate. You can do translations via the BTS site. If prefer, you can download the .po file and use an external program like poedit or Virtaal.
If you don't have write access to your language, you can still help by suggest translations on the BTS site. When you're done, send email to boinc_loc to notify the person with write access.