July 24 2015: Creation of BOINC-wide teams has been disabled because of spammers.
Contact David Anderson if you want to create a BOINC-wide team.
A 'BOINC-wide team' is one that exists on all BOINC projects,
present and future, with an identical name and founder email address.
This web site lets you create and manage BOINC-wide teams.
To create a BOINC-wide team:
The list of teams and accounts on this site is exported by this site,
is periodically imported by each BOINC project.
Teams and accounts that don't already exist on that project are added.
If the team exists and is owned by you
(i.e. its founder has the same email address),
then its URL, description etc. are updated.
It can take up to 48 hours for these updates to occur.
- Create an account and a team on this site.
If you already have a team on one or more BOINC projects,
use the exact same team name and email address.
- Validate your email address on this site
(otherwise your team will be ignored).
If some BOINC project is failing to import this team list, please notify them.
Ask them to read
and to update to the latest server software.
A BOINC-wide team is exported only if:
- The founder belongs to the team.
- The founder's email address has been validated.
- If you change the email address or team name you use on this site,
you'll need to manually change them on every BOINC project
in order for updates to work.
So pick a name you like, and
an email address that won't go away any time soon.
- Don't use your primary email address for the team-founder account;
create a separate email account (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo!, Hotmail).
The email address you use will be publicly visible
in the download file.
It's in a munged form so spammers won't directly see it,
but nonetheless it may end up on spam lists.
- Your password and/or profile are NOT copied to other projects.
To access your account on other projects, you must get
your account key via email. You can then set your password.
- Only team owner accounts are copied to other projects.
- In case of disputes over team names, whoever created the
team first (on some BOINC project) has rights to it.
Contact David Anderson to resolve such disputes.
Team founders are encouraged to join and participate in the
boinc-team-founders group on Google.